Volunteers are Welcome!
We love our volunteers! From giving their time in the classroom to planning and coordinating special events to everything in between, our volunteers help make our schools a richer, stronger learning environment. Interested in learning more about how you can make a measurable difference in the lives of our students? Contact the school.
As you become familiar with Kilgour you will discover a true community at work. By becoming involved in your child’s classroom you will become a contributing member of this great community.
The following are a few suggestions:
- Listen to students read.
- Read to students.
- Assist with special projects in the classroom such as cooking, plays, writing books.
- Play instructional games with individual students.
- Send “Food for Thought” a simple snack such as pretzels to share with the class.
- Assist with Science preparations for Hands-On Science Program.
- Help check out books during your child’s weekly classroom visit to the library.
- Go on field trips.
- Offer to be a guest speaker and share your talents.
- Help supervise the lunchroom. Kindergartens need plenty of help opening their packages.
- Help the room parent with class parties and the carnival booth in the spring.
- Become the room parent! (Coordinate class parties and be in charge of the class booth at the Kilgour Carnival).
- Help take down or set up bulletin boards.
- Sign up with your child’s teacher for weekly or bi-weekly classroom visits.