About Kilgour School
Kilgour School is a K-6 neighborhood school in the Cincinnati Public School District that is well known for its caring and generous parents, outstanding and well-educated faculty, and involved community and students who thrive academically and socially.
Our goals are:
- To maintain and improve academic achievement levels
- To improve student attendance
- To enhance multicultural understanding and maintain racial balance
- To continue to improve the teaching and learning environment in our school
- To increase school involvement and support by parents and other community members
- To develop and implement improved teacher in-service programs
- To increase student involvement in both school governance and educational and social problem-solving
- To participate in a collaborative working relationship with business and industry, higher education, community organizations and other key groups
Kilgour is proud of its tradition of excellence, and is committed to providing the best for its students and the community.
- "A" Report Card Rating from the State of Ohio Board of Education 2014-2015
- Rated "Excellent with Distinction" from 2007 thru 2009
- Kilgour School is the first Cincinnati Public School to receive this rating
- Kilgour School received the National Blue Ribbon Award twice, in 1991-1992 and again in 2001-2002
Kilgour School's mission is to create a positive, collaborative, engaging educational environment that challenges and inspires students to achieve personal and academic excellence. We envision a student centered community inspiring the next generation of citizens to reach their fullest potential.
Community Learning Centers
For our schools to transform, our communities must be revitalized. For our communities to revitalize, our schools must be transformed. They are dependent on each other and Community Learning Centers are the link.
What is a Community Learning Center (CLC)?
Schools and the communities they serve are closely linked. Seldom does one succeed without the success of the other. That's why our CLCs support student achievement, enrich and revitalize communities, and maximize the community's return on their financial investment.
We are very proud to be a CLC and a neighborhood anchor. We strive to go beyond academics to focus on the whole child by serving as a hub for community services that are available to all students, their families and the entire community. We are able to offer a variety services thanks to the collaboration and support of our many partners and the committed community of Mt. Lookout.
To learn more about the services available at our school or how your company or organization can become a CLC partner or volunteer, please contact us.
Mt. Lookout and Hyde Park have both been magnate communities in Cincinnati for people from many walks of life, offering:
- Abundant green spaces
- Turn-of-the-century homes
At less than 5 miles from downtown Cincinnati, this area offers those who choose to live and visit here terrific proximity to the center-city as well as easy access to other destinations including the Greater Cincinnati airport, Northern Kentucky and popular outlying suburbs.
Local School Decision-Making Committee (LSDMC)
LSDMC is a group of parents, teachers and community representatives. The group functions in an advisory role to the principal, to determine program, policy and budget issues for the school.
School Visits and Tours
We welcome visits from parents and guardians as well as prospective families who would like a tour. To protect student safety, all visitors must register in the office before going to the classroom. Parents/guardians who would like a conference with their child's teacher must schedule an appointment with the teacher.
Guided Tours of Kilgour School take place at 10:00 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month. Participants should plan to meet in the main lobby for the school tour. School Tours begin in September and run each month until school ends in May. For more information, stop by our main office or call us at (513) 363-3000.